February - 2020
  01 02
03 04 05 06 07 08 09
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29  



EU nationals residing in Hungary for any reason for over 90 consecutive days must register themselves as currently living in Hungary, name the purpose and get a registration card. This also means, however, that they must inform the Immigration Office when they leave Hungary AND return their residence permit. Moreover, if, at any point in time, they wish to be able to get official confirmation of having spent the given period of time in Hungary (usually for tax reasons), they must have a registration card as otherwise, noone will be able to confirm it. (We can as far as the studies are concerned, but our certificates may not be acceptable to the local tax authorities.) 

Students with EU passport but coming to Corvinus through a non-EU University also need to obtain a registration card. 



For the Hungarian consulates in the US (New York, Washington, DC, Chicago and Los Angeles), please check: http://www.immihelp.com/visas/schengenvisa/hungarian-consulates-usa.html

For Hungarian consulates in Mexico, please check: https://www.embassypages.com/missions/embassy10502/

If there is a Hungarian Consulate nearby, students are strongly recommended to go through the visa application procedure prior to arrival to Hungary. There is an online application process after which applicants must go to the Consulate for taking their digital photo and fingerprints.

Please check the website of the Consulate or ask your Study Abroad advisor at your home University for further information on what to bring to the Consulate.

The visa is valid for a single entry into the Schengen area for a period of 30 days from the day of entry into Schengen. Without the residence permit, they can travel solely within the Schengen area until the day before their visa expires i.e. they must be back before the date of expiry. Once in Hungary, and within the first thirty days, students must apply for ("exchange their visa for") a residence permit in person at the local Immigration Office with the necessary documentation.  The residence permit card issued will be valid for the duration of the entire semester at Corvinus University.

Checklist for the Immigration Office – students must arrange at the Immigration Office ONCE IN BUDAPEST:


  1. 1 photo
  2. passport and a copy of the photo page + copy of the visa
  3. a filled in form titled „Form to receive residence permit”
  4. certificate from the university stating the student’s status at Corvinus – received from your Study Abroad Coordinator at Corvinus
  5. address form signed by the student and the owner of the apartment or dorm (form received from your Study Abroad Coordinator at Corvinus) 
  6. official document for the apartment from Land Registry Office - less than 30 days old 
  7. apartment contract or dorm paper (dorm paper received from your Study Abroad Coordinator at Corvinus)
  8. copy of health insurance, you need to show the original



Address of the Immigration office: Budapest, 1135, Szegedi út 35-37. (map)

For more information please check: http://www.bmbah.hu/

How to get there: Metro 4 to Keleti (final station)

when you face the clock on the station the stop for bus # 20E is to your left. You get off at the 3rd stop (Szegedi út). When you get off the bus, the building is to your right on the corner.

Opening hours:

Monday: 8.30 – 1.00

Tuesday: 1.00 – 5.00

Wednesday: 8.30 – 12.00 (for students only)

Thursday: 8.30 – 1.00

Friday: 8.30 – 12.00


Please note that it is the obligation of the students to make sure that their stay in Hungary is legal and complies with the Hungarian Immigration Law.

Last modified: 2018.11.30.